Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 950-8A Duplex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    950-8A Duplex

    Are these EV based? The basket looks more EV to me than Altec.....although, I guess the later 18" Altecs used a similar basket.

    Matched Pair ALTEC 950-8A 15" Duplex Loudspeakers - eBay (item 200315724399 end time Mar-08-09 16:03:14 PDT)

    2

    3
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    950-8A Duplex


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 950-8A Duplex

    I have seen that horn on earlier Duplexes- it sounds good.


    Almost certainly an EV frame, as is the Altec 18" unit. 604-K's even had EV mags. the line got blurred a bit, especially with the ER's.

    Anywho- 31 hz FS says no way EV based, but could be the EV cone with a heavy enough coil I suppose.

    These would prolly be good candidates for use with a subwoofer. I note they list a separate part number for the HF. I'd ask Bill before buying.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 950-8A Duplex

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    .......I'd ask Bill before buying.
    As much as I'd like a a pair of Duplex's I'm not in the market right now. I search Altec stuff on Ebay all the time, and was curious when I saw them.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 950-8A Duplex

    Definetly looks like an EV frame to me too......first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

    Russ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.